Welcome to the new Made for More Ministries website! We are so incredibly excited about all that God is doing in and through us, and thankful He has called us to share His message with you; the message that we are all Made for More. We wanted to take this opportunity to share a little background about how we got here.
It was 2010. We had moved to Houston and were settling in nicely; each of us finding our place; each making our way. We had even chosen a name for the ministry God was calling us to start – Made For More Ministries – and secured an online ministry domain. Yet within a few weeks of that, Amy found the lump.
God used this new challenge to further reveal His plan, to continue molding our hearts and to clarify our calling. Through the crucible of breast cancer we were presented with even greater opportunities to share His redeeming grace, by sharing our journey.
Now that the worst (but by no means all) of the cancer journey is behind us, we are taking numerous steps to formally put the ministry in full motion. God has placed so many opportunities before us that are all well in progress:
- We’ve published a book, In His Grip – A Walk Through Breast Cancer
- We’ve published our first eBook, She Found a Lump, A Husband and Caregiver’s Guide to Battling Breast Cancer.
- We’ve launched Horses.Healing.Hope. – an equine-based therapy program that helps breast cancer survivors begin the process of healing emotionally and spiritually. (A program recently adopted by the YMCA of Greater Houston.)
- Our Couple’s Retreats in Telluride, CO begin in June.
In addition, God has continued to open doors for Tom and Amy to speak at men’s and women’s groups, as well as marriage retreats and weekend services, sharing the message of hope that God has given them.
By the end of 2013, we have a goal to connect with 20,000 people whose lives have been impacted by cancer. To do that, we have set some pretty big goals that we want to share with you:
- We will distribute 10,000 copies of In His Grip, A Walk Through Breast Cancer to women and their families/caregivers currently battling or recently diagnosed with breast cancer – passing on the hope that sustained us.
- We will share hope by speaking at churches, cancer survivor’s organizations and support groups, women and men’s groups and special events.
- We will improve the lives of survivors by growing the HORSES.HEALING.HOPE. for Breast Cancer Survivors program across Montgomery County and beyond the Houston metropolitan area. (We’re also excited to announce the YMCA of Greater Houston is now partnering with us to provide this program!)
- We will author and provide timely, meaningful, useful and encouraging reading resources through blogs, articles and E-books, supporting the breast cancer community as well as the greater cancer community.
- We will offer marriage retreats for breast cancer survivors and their spouses to help them navigate the “new normal’ of post-cancer life.
Please take a few moments to look around our new website. And be sure and download your free copy of our new eBook, She Found a Lump by TJ Hauser!
We’re so grateful you stopped by and so thankful for all God is doing in and through Made for More. We’d love to hear from you. Please leave us a comment and let us know you stopped by. We’re looking forward to connecting with you and hearing the “More” that God has created you for.
Tom and Amy Hauser
Made for More Founders